My Wish List
1. A church that teaches you to sing for yourself, unto the Lord, in praise and worship. I mean really sing not watch some guy with a guitar and a spotlight entertain me with songs that I could never sing. King David sang and danced on his own and the Lord said, “David is a man after My own heart.”
2. Women who love one another not afraid of being committed to seeing friendships through the good and the bad times. No coveteousness or jealousies just genuine love and concern for one another so that we could speak to one another in Psalms and Hymns like The Bible tells us to.
3. Mothers who love God, their husbands and children more than themselves. If we could get that in our society we could solve a lot of problems.
4. Husbands who love God and understand their roles as providers and protectors of their own household.
5. A government that doesn’t put its faith in itself, but in God.
6. A public school system that is not run as a government institution to indoctrinate our children into univeralism, homosexuality, relativsim and political correctness. Instead, a Godly moral compass, leadership skills and the ability to stand for what is right would be my top priority. From an academic standpoint, I would go back to the basics first so that our children could read, spell and do math without a computer. All of this conceptual learning is only making truth belong to the loudest mouth.
7. Integrity and Honesty would replace respect for diversity and tolerance because if you have those two things the others fall in line.
8. Take back the word gay so that it means happy instead of what you do in your bedroom with the same gender as yourself. You may have been hurt or mislead, but I don’t need to know what your sexual preference is… that’s all it is… sexual and should be kept private. I don’t dislike you because of what you do in private. I dislike that fact that approximately 3 to 5 percent of the population with your bedroom ideas are trying to cram it down the throats of the rest of us. And, STOP USING THE PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM TO INDOCTRINATE YOUR SEX LIFE INTO THE MINDS OF OUR KIDS. (Post Script: I edited this paragraph after a discussion tonight at a friend’s house. Why? I don’t ever want to hurt others with my words, but I do want to exercise my freedom of speech by taking responsibility for what I say.)
9. Call Islam what it is…intolerant, destructive and evil to women and children. I have to wonder where all the virgins will come from in paradise for the bombers who are glorified for their sacrifice for blowing themselves and innocent people up. Mohammad killed and Jesus died. You can visit Mohammad in his grave and the tomb of Jesus is empty. Enough said.
10. Christians who read The Bible and know that we are called to be more than we are on our own. We have to stop drowning in our own sorrows which are so pathetic compared to the suffering of Jesus and the disciples. Only one of Jesus’ followers lived to an old age and even then he was imprisoned. The others were boiled, beheaded, beaten, and you name it. It wasn’t about prosperity or what your spiritual gifts are…They just lived and told everyone they came in contact with about Jesus. (I am so guilty of only seeing my own trials so forgive me as I struggle with this myself.) Are we so weak, in Christ, that we can’t see that He has overcome all of this???